- No Place Like Home by Mary Higgins Clark
- We Should All Be Feminists by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- The Christmas Killer (DI James Walker, #1) by Alex Pine
- The Gift by Freida McFadden
- I’m a Therapist and My Patient is Going to be the Next School Shooter by Dr. Harper
- Christmas at Mistletoe Cottage by Lucy Daniels
- The Martian by Andy Weir
- Artemis by Andy Weir
- Sail by James Patterson
- The Inn by James Patterson
- The Perfect Couple by Jackie Kabler
- He Said/She Said by Erin Kelly
- Pretty Girls by Karin Slaughter
- The Fire Child by S.L. Tremayne
- The Feed by Nick Clark Windo
- Ragdoll by Daniel Cole
- The Secretary by Renee Knight
- Rise by Mira Grant
- The Nest by Kenneth Oppel
- Kill the Father by Sandrone Dezieri
- The Mayfly by James Hazel
- White Crocodile y K.T. Medina
- Sacrifice by Hannah Winter
- Ecstasy by Irvine Welsh
- The Bedroom Secrets of the Master Chefs by Irvine Welsh
- Filth by Irvine Welsh
- Don’t Let Go by Michel Bussi
- Hidden Pictures by Jason Rekulak
And just like that, 2022 has come to a close! It’s shocking how time flies so fast during this time of the year, but it’s also refreshing to know that another year is opening before our very eyes and I hope it promises hope and more good to all of us. So let’s get back to books!
In the month of December I finished reading No Place Like Home, my first Mary Higgins Clark novel and I absolutely loved the reading experience and the novel itself. It’s a slow burn thriller, but the kind that isn’t boring at all. I rated it 4 out of 5 stars! Check out my full review here!
I was also able to squeeze a short non-fiction which is We Should All Be Feminists by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie. I honestly have no words for this! It’s perfect and should be required reading to everyone; just read it, that’s all I can say. I rated it 5 out of 5 stars.
Another book I was able to finish is The Christmas Killer by Alex Pine! It was such a thriller, atmospheric, and cozy read. I’m really happy that I didn’t hesitate to buy this when I came across it at one of my favorite online bookstores. It’s the perfect cat-and-mouse chase trope! I rated a 4 out of 5 stars (3.75 rounded off to 4)!
I have also finished this month is The Gift by Freida McFadden. It’s a short Christmas thriller that I absolutely enjoyed. I’ve been meaning to read this author’s works for quite a while now and I’m happy that I finally read one even if it’s just a short story. Hoping to read more of her works in 2023! I gave this a solid 4 stars!
The last book that I was able to squeeze in before the year ends is I’m a Therapist and My Patient is Going to be the Next School Shooter! I recently learned about this from my book club friends. I had such a fun time reading it and was really entertained by the way it was written. I rated it 4 stars!
Right now, I’m currently reading another Christmas-themed novel and really can’t say anything about it as of writing as I just started it this morning. It’s Christmas at Mistletoe Cottage, I’m hoping that this will be another cozy romance that will leave me smitten at the end.
As for the books that I bought this month, well, Big Bad Wolf Philippines decided to go all-out on their Christmas sale and I am ALL FOR IT.
How was your Decemberber TBR? What are you looking forward to reading at the start of 2023?