I’ve been getting a lot of questions about the skincare product(s) that I use, so I decided to make a post about it here on my blog! I started investing on skincare in 2015, and I’ve tried a lot of products since then. I have tried using a lot of different brands over the years until I found the products that works best for my skin.
If you’re a newbie, it is very important to determine what skin type you have as some products tend to cause irritation and breakouts if they are not suitable for your skin type. My skin type is a combination of oily (on the nose and chin area) and dry skin, so the products that I use are best recommended for people with the same skin type.
Here’s my skincare regimen:
- Daytime: Facial wash, micellar water, toner, serum, soothing gel, moisturizer, sunscreen, lip balm. I used to follow the 10-step Korean skincare routine, but I narrowed it down to just 7 through the years because I realized that I didn’t need the other products that I managed to cut down. I use Innisfree’s Jeju Volcanic Pore Cleansing Foam FX to wash my face as it helps close the open pores on my nose which is usually caused by removing blackheads. I also use Garnier’s SkinActive Micellar Water (the pink one, of course! Haha) before applying Skin By Mi’s AHA-BHA-PHA Miracle toner and then apply Skin By Mi’s AHA-BHA-PHA Miracle serum. My holy grail when it comes to skincare has always been Nature Republic’s Aloe Vera Soothing Gel which you can actually use not only on your face but also on you hair, knees, elbows, etc. And then I apply my St. Ives Renewing Collagen & Elastin moisturizer before applying the last skin protection, which is the sunscreen. For this, I use Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence sunscreen. To moisturize my lips, Vaseline’s rosy lip balm has been really effective for my very dry lips.
- Night time: Facial wash, micellar water, toner, face mask, eye gel, moisturizer. I use the same products for my facial wash, micellar water, toner, moisturizer, and lip balm. I learned that it is recommended to lessen the stuff that we put on our face at night so that our skin can have a breather from the heavy chemicals that we apply during the day. I also apply face mask everyday as it is really relaxing for me and I consider it one of my “me time.” As for my eye gel, I use Garnier’s Multi-Action Brightening Eye Roll-On to prevent the appearance of dark circles under my eyes.
- Misc products:
- Pond’s Acne Clear Facial Wash: I use this whenever I have pimples during my red days. I don’t recommend using it daily as it really dries out your skin.
- Eskinol Pimple Fighting Toner: Another product that I use only when needed. Like Pond’s Acne Clear, I also don’t recommend using this daily as it does not only dry out your skin, but constant use can cause slight burns as it is alcohol-heavy.
- Innisfree Jeju Volcanic Pore Cleansing Scrub: I use this twice a week (usually on Wednesdays and Fridays) to extensively clean out makeup residue.
- Luxe Organix castor oil: Like Gem, I also use castor oil for my brows and lashes.
- A Bonne Spa Milk Salt: I use this on my knees, pits, underarms, and feet daily. It has become a regular part of my routine as it’s very effective in brightening and/or bringing back the natural color of my skin on those areas.
- A Bonne Yogurt Milk Cream Soap: I only use this after my travels as I really get sun burnt, so it also helps treat any discoloration caused by my *pagbibilad sa araw.* Haha
- AR Vitamin E Cream: This is a Thailand product that my mom and I discovered while browsing through Shopee, it’s very effective in lightening scars! + it’s very cheap! Hehe
- Banana Balm: Another product that my mom and I discovered on Shopee (which I also shared with the Docs team). Haha It helps soften my cracked heels.
- Colla Glow: Lastly, I also take collagen drinks three times a week. Since I am just 3 years away from my 30s, I am really investing on increasing the collagen production in my body.
There you have it! How about you? Are you using some of the products that I am using? Or do you have any favorites? What’s your holy grail when it comes to skincare?