- Beautiful Creatures (Caster Chronicles, #1) by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
- Please Pick Me by Reina Regina
- One-Punch Man Vol 8 by ONE
- Cardcaptor Sakura Vol. 5 by CLAMP
- An Enchantment of Ravens by Margaret Rogerson
- Crown of Feathers by Nicki Pau Preto
- Loveboat, Taipei by Abigail Hing Wen
- Wilder Girls by Rory Power
- Wink, Poppy, Midnight by April Genevieve Tucholke
- Dragon Republic (Poppy War, #2) by R.F. Kuang
- See You in the Cosmos by Jack Cheng
- The Keep of Lost Cities (Keeper of Lost Cities, #1) by Shannon Messenger
- Exile (Keeper of Lost Cities, #2) by Shannon Messenger
- The Final Empire (Mistborn, #1) by Brandon Sanders
- The Well of Ascension (Mistborn, #2) by Brandon Sanderson
- The Hero of Ages (Mistborn, #3) by Brandon Sanderson
- Please Pick Me by Reina Regina
Hi, everyone! ♡ It’s time for another wrap up. At the start of the month, I posted my reading plans for the month of September as I wanted to put a dent on my physical TBR. I haven’t done it in a while because the last time I did, I never really followed it. Haha But as I’ve said, it’s been years since tried it, so maybe it’s about time I give it another try.
I am happy to update you guys that I was able to follow the order the books I wanted to read in September, except that I am still reading The Poppy War, the first book in a darkgrim fantasy series, by R.F. Kuang. Simply put, I was only able to finish Beautiful Creatures, the first book in the Caster Chronicles series, by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl.
I never thought it would take me this long to read The Poppy War by R.F. Kuang. I mean, aside from the fact that I’ve had massive migraine attacks for almost a whole week which is one of the reasons I wasn’t able to read as much this month, there are also so many things happening in the book and it’s destroying me in so many ways and though I am all for all the pain that this book will bring me, most of the time I just have to stop reading for a while and just let it all sink in. I really like the story of Rin, though, and how throughout the book, we see how she grows from just a peasant girl from Tikany to a strong student of Sinegard. I’m still halfway through the book and I am looking forward to how the first book in the series will end and probably dive into Dragon Republic in November.
Whenever I feel like everything that’s happening in The Poppy War is too much for my feelings, I squeeze in some manga so I was also able to finish One-Punch Man Vol. 8 and Cardcaptor Sakura Vol. 5. Reading manga has been such a delight for me these days!
Another book that I was able to read was an ARC of a poetry book called Please Pick Me by Reina Regina. I was hooked just by reading the prologue, it’s quite empowering in a way and I can totally relate to one section of the book called Roots. I made a full review of this, if you’re interested to know my thoughts! Also, this book will be out on November 11, so watch out for that. If you want to preorder, you can also check the following links:
I’ve also bought some books for very steal prices! The only books that I’ve bought that are quite expensive is the trade paperback editions of the Mistborn trilogy by Brandon Sanderson which I’ve been saving up for and have been looking for in bookstores for years now. I am really happy that Fullybooked restocked it and I didn’t hesitate on buying all three books as they might run out of stocks again (and gods know how long I’d have to wait again). It didn’t make it in the photo because I am still waiting for the books to arrive when I wrote this blog post (and when I took the photo obviously).
How about you? What books were you able to read this month? What have you acquired? I would love to hear them in the comments!